November 16, 2010

Is it just the BLUES?

i now know what my problem is...
maybe you have felt it too
i hope i am not the only one

"The Germans have a term for what you're feeling, 
"weltschmerz." 
It means the depression that arises from comparing 
the world as it is to a hypothetical idealized world."  
Sheldon Cooper 
The Big Bang Theory


(or in case you don't believe this is a real word)

The modern meaning of Weltschmerz in the German language is the psychological pain caused by sadness that can occur when realizing that someone's own weaknesses are caused by the inappropriateness and cruelty of the world and (physical and social) circumstances.  Weltschmerz in this meaning can cause depression, resignation, and escapism, and can become a mental problem.
Wikipedia

i won't lie
the past few years have been hard
i have often wanted to give up
but i am not quite sure what that means 
or even how to do that

what is interesting to me 
is that my ideal world
really isn't that ideal 
and shouldn't be that hard to achieve

yet somehow it alludes me
despite my best efforts
so where does that leave me

right now i honestly don't know
 i have to stop myself from looking to the future
or dwelling in the past

just taking it one day at a time
trying to trust myself and the decisions i have made
and learning to find beauty in the details of my life

No comments: