June 3, 2011

it happened again

had been sick all day,
still in my pajamas, sweats and a white tee (no bra)
hair messy, skin smelling of vapor rub
neighbor and friend dropped by to visit
not wanting them to see my luggage (or its contents)
which are strewn over the entirety of my apartment
(had not yet fully unpacked from a trip to texas)
or smell the scent of "sick" in my apartment  (you know what i mean)
slowly started to shut the door
when a breeze blew through my opened window
and shut the door for good
yes, i was locked out
barefoot and sight to behold
traipsed to the superintendent's to get a spare key
not at home, didn't pick up the phone
what is a girl to do
this girl meets another new neighbor emily
(she happens to be in one of the single wards)
emily, super nice, has happened to lock herself out of her apartment twice
had to call the fire department twice to break into her place
i call the fire department (they actually thought i was emily)
they break in
all is well again

neighbors brian and emily have copies of my spare keys
please say i can keep it together and not do this again

also what do you think
brownies or cookies for the fire department

4 comments:

sarah davies said...

Lol!!! Cookies. :)

Erin said...

I'm so sorry my guys got you sick. I know the Fire Dept will enjoy ANY type of treat. They aren't picky! :)

Pookie said...

Oh my gosh Mollie! This sounds like something you would fine in a movie. :) I would definitely take them chocolate. Oh, wait that's what girls like. Guys will eat anything.

michelle said...

Oh what a bummer!!! Good thing for Emily and telling you about the fire department! I'm glad you got in! I would say brownies!